BOMA INTERNATIONAL LEADERSHIP
· Brian M. Harnetiaux, Chair and Chief Elected Officer
· Robert M. Brierley, BOMA Fellow, Chair- Elect
Brian D. Cappelli, RPA, Vice-Chair
· Daniel W. Chancey, RPA, Secretary/Treasurer
· Henry H. Chamberlain, President and Chief Operating Officer
· Kent C. Gibson, BOMA Fellow, Immediate Former Chair and CEO
· Executive Committee
As a member of BOMA Boston, you are a member of BOMA International.
The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International is a federation of 93 BOMA U.S. associations, BOMA Canada and its 11 regional associations and 13 BOMA international affiliates. Founded in 1907, BOMA represents the owners and managers of all commercial property types including nearly 10 billion square feet of U.S. office space that supports 3.7 million jobs and contributes $205 billion to the U.S. GDP. Its mission is to advance the interests of the entire commercial real estate industry through advocacy, education, research, standards and information.
BOMA International is a primary source of information on building management and operations, development, leasing, building operating costs, energy consumption patterns, local and national building codes, legislation, occupancy statistics, technological developments and other industry trends.
WHAT DOES BOMA INTERNATIONAL DO?
- Monitors and lobbies pertinent legislative, regulatory and codes/standards issues. Learn more about BOMA’s advocacy work.
- Publishes The BOMA Magazine, the official publication of BOMA International
- Produces a variety of leading industry publications , including:
- A comprehensive suite of building measurement standards , including Office Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement (ANSI/BOMA – Z65.1 2010
- The Experience Exchange Report® (EER®) - the industry benchmark for nearly 100 years, which contains income and expense data for office buildings across North America
- The industry’s first green lease guide
- Hosts the Every Building Conference & Expo every June; conducts seminars on topics including office marketing and leasing, asset management, technology, and security and emergency preparedness planning. BOMA International sponsors a Winter Business Meeting and hosts the National Issues Conference. The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) Awards are the industry's most prestigious and coveted awards in commercial real estate. The TOBY honors buildings based on community impact, tenant/employee relations programs, energy management systems, accessibility for disabled people, emergency evacuation procedures, building personnel training programs and overall quality indicators.
- Designates excellence in building management and operations through the BOMA 360 Performance Program , groundbreaking program designed to validate and recognize commercial properties that demonstrate best practices in all major areas of building operations and management.
For more information on BOMA International, please visit their webpage at www.boma.org .